Think career coaches are just for executives? That used to be the case, but not anymore. Career coaches work with clients at all levels and from all career backgrounds. Many career coaches have reasonable rates and offer affordable packages that are well worth the investment.
If you’ve been on several job interviews, and you’ve only made it through the first interview phase, it might be time to consider hiring a career coach to enhance your interview skills. Your coach will work one-on-one with you to develop skills that will make you a much more successful come interview time. Without a coach, you might be missing out on job opportunities!
Could Your Career Need a Little Coaching?
Deciding to hire a career coach is a deeply personal decision, but it can have a huge impact on your career. Career coaching isn’t a one-shot deal. It can literally transform your career path, your lifestyle, and your family’s financial future. It is an investment in yourself that can pay off well today and in the future.
What Exactly Does A Career Coach Do?
This is one of many positions in life that is quite versatile. Versatility is a requirement for career or life coaches. They need to be different things to different people. Duties of a career coach include the following:
- Assessing your behavior
- Helping you define your goals
- Creating a plan you can follow to achieve those goals.
- Help you eliminate the distractions that hold you back.
- Cheering you on when needed
- Giving a good kick in the rear when cheering doesn’t do the trick
- It is helping you get out of the rut that saps the vitality out of you so you can get back on track to meet your goals.
How Long Should You Work With A Career Coach?
This will change from one person to the next. Some people can quickly transition (within three to six months) and get the results they are going for. Other people take longer. There are many possible reasons to use a coach over a prolonged period. Some ideas include a reassessment of the current career path, a change of career, and evolving to meet the changing marketplace.
Do I need a career coach?
This is a question that only you can answer. Answering these quick questions can help you decide.
- Are you satisfied, challenged, and content that you always planned to be at this point in your career?
- Do you feel that competition in your field is fierce, and you need an edge to help you shine above it all?
- Are you getting paid what you feel you’re worth in your current position?
- Are you living the life you always dreamed you would? So, what do you think? Could you use a little coaching for your career?
Improve Your Job Searching Skills – Get More Job Interviews
Maximizing each of the job search process steps is essential. Many people are reluctant to go with a career coach because of the cost, but you have to think about a career coach as an investment in yourself and your future. The cost can be well worth it if the career coach can help you to once again believe in yourself and can help you to succeed in a cut-throat job market or excel right where you are. Many people are reluctant to go with a career coach because of the cost, but you have to think about a career coach as an investment in yourself and your future. The cost can be well worth it if the career coach can help you to once again believe in yourself and can help you to succeed in a competitive job market or excel right where you are.